It’s time for yet another list of new content. It has been a while since I’ve added to the list here, and to be honest our speed of importing new data has slowed a bit. But we’re still working at it, and we still welcome suggestions of content to be added. Content work continues day in and day out.
On the other side of things, 2019 was actually a year of a lot of development. We are just about to see that come to fruition, in the database itself. I will explain more about that after it has been released, and implemented a bit. I hope that will be very, very soon.
Until then, here’s a list of content added since the last time I posted here — which was, admittedly, quite a while ago, back in November.
- Furs and Frontiers in the Far North : the Contest Among Native and Foreign Nations for the Bering Strait Fur Trade. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 2010.
- Shipping Arrivals and Departures: Sydney: Volume III, 1841-1844 and Gazetteer. Canberra: Roebuck Society, 1988.
- Shipwrecks of Tasmania’s Wild West Coast. Hobart, Tasmania: Navarine Publishing, 1993.
- Fur Traders from New England: the Boston Men in the North Pacific, 1787-1800: the Narratives of William Dane Phelps, William Sturgis & James Gilchrist Swan. Spokane, WA: Arthur H. Clark Company, 1997.
- Shipping Arrivals & Departures: Sydney, 1788-1825. Canberra, ACT: Roebuck Society, 1977.
- Hitler’s Secret Pirate Fleet: The Deadliest Ships of World War II. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press, 2005.
- Ships Employed in the South Seas Trade, 1775-1859 (Part I); Admiralty Protections from Impressment, 1777-1811 (Part II); Aspects of the South Seas Trade (Part III). Aranda, ACT: Roebuck Society, 1992.
- British Standard Ships of World War I. Liverpool: Sea Breezes, 1968.
- Halifax at War: Searchlights, Squadrons and Submarines, 1939-1945. Halifax, Nova Scotia: Formac Publishing Co., 2008.
- Shipping Arrivals and Departures: Sydney: Volume II, 1826 – 1840, Part 1, 2 and 3. Canberra: Roebuck Society, 1981.
- The United States Navy and Coast Guard, 1946-1983 : a Bibliography of English-language Works and 16 mm Films. London: McFarland & Company, Inc., 1984.
- Ben Line: Fleet List and Short History. Kendal, UK: World Ship Society, 1967.
- Shipping Arrivals and Departures: Victorian Ports. Vol. III 1856-1860. Melbourne, Victoria: Roebuck Society, 2006.
This list includes five additional Roebuck Society volumes, for those interested in Australian history. These volumes are really tough to work through, and take a lot more time than most volumes. For more about them, read my Roebuck Society blog post from September.
We always have more to add, and we’re working through it as quickly as time allows. If you have suggestions, please do let us know. And watch for more big news very soon!