Goodness, it’s been a while since I added a blog post. We do have a lot of new content that’s been added, and some new great functionality, as well — I need to write something about that, since it is its own big step forward.
But for now, let’s list the content that has been added to the ShipIndex database since May:
- Bauer, K. Jack, Stephen S. Roberts. Register of Ships of the U.S. Navy, 1775-1990: Major Combatants. New York: Greenwood Press, 1991.
- Cowden, James E., John O. C. Duffy. The Elder Dempster: Fleet History, 1852-1985. Coltishall, UK: Mallett and Bell, 1986.
- Curry, Jane. The River’s in My Blood: Riverboat Pilots Tell Their Stories. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press, 1985.
- Farquhar, Ian J. The Tyser Legacy : a History of the Port Line and its Associated Companies. Wellington, N.Z.: Wellington New Zealand Ship and Marine Society, 2006.
- Forster, Honore. The South Sea Whaler. An Annotated Bibliography of Published Historical, Literary and Art Material Relating to Whaling in the Pacific Ocean in the Nineteenth Century. Fairhaven, MA: Edward J. Lefkowicz, 1985.
- Henderson, Graeme. Unfinished Voyages: Western Australian Shipwrecks, 1622 – 1850 (2nd. Edition). Crawley: University of Western Australia Press, 2007.
- Hurst, Alex A. Square-riggers – The Final Epoch. 1921-1958. Sussex, U.K.: Teredo Books, 1972.
- Jensen, John Odin. Stories from the Wreckage: a Great Lakes Maritime History Inspired by Shipwrecks. Madison, WI: Wisconsin Historical Society Press, 2019.
- Johnston, William Cameron. The Seabound Coast : the Official History of the Royal Canadian Navy, 1867-1939. Toronto: Dundurn Press, 2010.
- Kludas, Arnold. Great Passenger Ships of the World. Volume 1: 1858-1912. Cambridge: Patrick Stephens, 1976.
- Kludas, Arnold, and Charles Hodges. Great Passenger Ships of the World. Volume 2: 1913-1923. Cambridge: Patrick Stephens, 1976.
- Kludas, Arnold, and Charles Hodges. Great Passenger Ships of the World. Volume 3: 1924-1935. Cambridge: Patrick Stephens, 1976.
- Kludas, Arnold, and Charles Hodges. Great Passenger Ships of the World. Volume 4: 1936-1950. Cambridge: Patrick Stephens, 1977.
- Kludas, Arnold, and Charles Hodges. Great Passenger Ships of the World. Volume 5: 1951-1976. Cambridge: Patrick Stephens, 1977.
- Kludas, Arnold, and Keith Lewis. Great Passenger Ships of the World. Volume 6: 1977-1986. Wellingborough, UK: Patrick Stephens, 1986.
- Nesdale, Iris. The Corvettes: Forgotten Ships of The Royal Australian Navy. Australia: Iris Nesdale, 1982.
- Tall, J. J. Submarines & Deep-sea Vehicles. San Diego, CA: Thunder Bay, 2002.
There’s more to add soon, and maybe enough to get us over indexes to 1000 resources in the database, before the end of the year. We’ll see!
We have a lot of files still left to process, and we’re going to be adding a lot of new files, too, soon. So, as always, there’s more content coming soon. If you know of a title whose index should be added to the database, please do let me know, at comments (at) shipindex (dot) org — now’s a great time to get some more titles on the list, so they’ll be processed soon!