Since my last update on new content, in mid-March, I’ve added indexes to over two dozen new monographs and one new online collection. I have a lot more content to process and add, and I’ll just keep plugging away at it, as best I can.
The exciting thing (for me) is that this gets the total number of citations to over 3.4 million now. Especially with print resources, it takes a long time to really move that dial. But I feel like I did, and I’ll keep at it. Now, 3.5 million is next…
There are parts of multi-volume naval histories of the US and Britain, several more Navy Records Society volumes, some passenger list books, and some good non-Anglo/American content, as well. The new content is as follows:
- Boltjes, Piet. Zeemansleed: [Births and Deaths on Board, from 1800 to the Present].
- Boyer, Carl, 3rd. Ship Passenger Lists: National and New England, 1600-1825. Newhall, Calif.: Carl Boyer, 1977.
- Boyer, Carl, 3rd. Ship Passenger Lists: New York and New Jersey, 1600-1825. Newhall, Calif.: Carl Boyer, 1978.
- Boyer, Carl, 3rd. Ship Passenger Lists: Pennsylvania and Delaware (1641-1825). Newhall, California: Boyer, 1980.
- Boyer, Carl, 3rd. Ship Passenger Lists: The South, 1538-1825. Newhall, Calif.: Carl Boyer, 1979.
- Clark, William Bell, ed. Naval Documents of the American Revolution (Vol. 1). Washington, DC: Naval History Division, Department of the Navy, 1964-2013.
- Clowes, W. Laird, Sir. The Royal Navy: A History From the Earliest Times to the Present (Vol. 2). London: S. Low, Marston & Co., 1897-1903.
- Clowes, W. Laird, Sir. The Royal Navy: A History From the Earliest Times to the Present (Vol. 3). London: S. Low, Marston and Co., 1897-1903.
- Footner, Geoffrey M. The Last Generation: A History of a Chesapeake Shipbuilding Family. Solomons, Md.: Calvert Marine Museum Press, 1991.
- Forrester, Robert E. British Mail Steamers to South America, 1851-1965: A History of the Royal Mail Steam Packet Company and Royal Mail Lines. Burlington, Vt.: Ashgate, 2014.
- Gibson, James R., A. A. Istomin, & V. A. Tishkov. Russian California, 1806-1860: A History in Documents. London: Ashgate, for the Hakluyt Society, 2014.
- Grover, David H. American Merchant Ships on the Yangtze, 1920-1941. Westport, Conn.: Praeger, 1992.
- Jones, Ben. The Fleet Air Arm in the Second World War (Navy Records Society, Vol. 159). Burlington, Vt.: Ashgate, 2012.
- Knighton, C. S. , D. M. Loades. Elizabethan Naval Administration (Navy Records Society, Vol. 160). Burlington, Vt.: Ashgate, 2013.
- Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. On the Rocks: Shipwrecks Off the Coast of Nova Scotia. Halifax, N.S.: Province of Nova Scotia, 2007.
- Milner, Marc. Canada’s Navy: The First Century. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1999.
- Roskill, S. W. A Merchant Fleet in War: Alfred Holt & Co., 1939-1945. London: Collins, 1962.
- Saul, Norman E. Sailors in Revolt: The Russian Baltic Fleet in 1917. Lawrence, Kansas: Regents Press of Kansas, 1978.
- Seligmann, Matthew S., Frank Na¨gler, and Michael Epkenhans. The Naval Route to the Abyss: The Anglo-German Naval Race, 1895-1914 (Navy Records Society, Vol. 161). Farnham, Surrey: Ashgate, 2014.
- Spencer, George J. S., 2nd earl, Sir Julian Stafford Corbett, and Sir Herbert W. Richmond. Private Papers of George, Second Earl Spencer, First Lord of the Admiralty, 1794-1801, Vol. 1 (Navy Records Society, Vol. 46). London: Navy Records Society, 1913.
- Spencer, George J. S., 2nd earl, Sir Julian Stafford Corbett, and Sir Herbert W. Richmond. Private Papers of George, Second Earl Spencer, First Lord of the Admiralty, 1794-1801, Vol. 2 (Navy Records Society, Vol. 48). London: Navy Records Society, 1914.
- Sutton, Jean. The East India Company’s Maritime Service, 1746-1834: Masters of the Eastern Seas. Woodbridge, Suffolk: Boydell Press, 2010.
- Talbot-Booth, E. C. Merchant Ships (1963 edition). Liverpool: Journal of Commerce and Shipping, 1963.
- Von-Maszewski, W. M. German Emigration Ships to New Orleans, 1865-1869. Pasadena, Texas: The author, 1997.
- Woodman, Richard. Britannia’s Realm: In Support of the State, 1763-1816 (A History of the British Merchant Navy, Vol. 2). Stroud, Gloustershire: History Press, 2009.
- Woodman, Richard. More Days, More Dollars: The Universal Bucket Chain, 1885-1920 (A History of the British Merchant Navy, Vol. 4). Stroud, Gloucestershire: History Press, 2010.