I cannot believe how much additional content we’ve gotten into the database in the last several weeks. Here’s a list of content added since my last post:
- From Chusan to Sea Princess: The Australian Services of the P & O and Orient Lines. North Sydney, NSW: George Allen & Unwin Australia Pty, 1985.
- In Peril on the Sea: The Royal Canadian Navy and the Battle of the Atlantic. Toronto: R. Brass Studios for the Canadian Naval Memorial Trust, 2003.
- British Warship Losses in the Ironclad Era, 1860-1919. London: Chatham Publishing, 2006.
- European Navies and the Conduct of War. New York: Routledge: Taylor & Francis Group, 2019.
- Guardians of the Sea: History of the United States Coast Guard, 1915 to the Present. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 1989.
- Australian Colonial Navies. Canberra: Australian War Memorial, 1986.
- Business in Great Waters: The War History of the P. & O. (Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company), 1939-1945. London:Faber and Faber Ltd., 1951.
- The American Clipper Ship, 1845-1920: A Comprehensive History, with a List of Builders and Their Ships. Jefferson, NC: McFarland and Inc., 2014.
- A Bibliography of Ship Passenger Lists, 1538-1825: Being a Guide to Published Lists of Early Immigrants to North America. New York:New York Public Library, 1978.
- Ashburner Schooners: The Story of the First Shipbuilders of Barrow-in-Furness. Manchester, UK: Ready Rhino, 1991.
- Old Ship Figure-heads & Sterns: With what are Associated Galleries, Hanging-pieces, Catheads and Divers Other Matters that Concern the Grace and Countenance of Old Sailing-ships. Ottawa, Ontario: Algrove Publishing, 2006.
- Shipwrecks of Stellwagen Bank: Disaster in New England’s National Marine Sanctuary. Charleston, SC: The History Press, 2015.
- SD 14: The Great British Shipbuilding Success Story. Kendal: The World Ship Society, 1976.
- Anchor Line, 1856-1956. Glasgow: Anchor Line Limited, 1956.
- Liners of the Golden Age: A Pictorial History of Passenger Ships in the 1930s. London: Carmania Press, 2005.
- Sailing Ship to Supertanker: the Hundred-Year Story of British Esso and its Ships. Lavenham, Suffolk: Lavenham: Terence Dalton, 1987.
- Boats of the Antique Boat Museum: Highlights of the Watercraft Collection. Clayton, NY: Antique Boat Museum, 2006.
- War Service of the Merchant Navy: A Record of the Participation of the Men and Ships of Huddart Parker Ltd. Melbourne: Huddart Parker Ltd, 1951
- National Small Boat Register. Falmouth, Cornwall: National Maritime Museum, Cornwall.
- Ships of the Esso Fleet in World War II. New York: Standard Oil Company, 1946.
- Stanton’s American Steam Vessels: The Classic Illustrations. Mineola, NY: Dover Publications, Inc., 2002.
- World War II at Sea: A Global History. New York: Oxford University Press, 2018.
- New World Immigrants: A Consolidation of Ship Passenger Lists and Associated Data from Periodical Literature, Volume I. Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1979.
- New World Immigrants: A Consolidation of Ship Passenger Lists and Associated Data from Periodical Literature, Volume II. Baltimore, MD: Gealogical Publishing Co., 1979.
- Sail Training and Cadet Ships. Glasgow: Brown, Son & Ferguson, Ltd, 1956.
- Ordeal by Sea: The New Zealand Shipping Company in the Second World War, 1939-1945. London: New Zealand Shipping Company, 1949.
- British Warships in the Age of Sail, 1817-1863: Design, Construction, Careers and Fates. Barnsley, South Yorkshire: Seaforth Publishing, 2014.
As always, lots more will follow soon. And always feel free to let us know if you have titles you think we should add. Send it to comments (at) shipindex (dot) org.